couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From ermouth <ermo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trolling of Couchappers
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2015 15:42:58 GMT
> ermouth - I am waiting for a clarifying response.

Well, ok. As for local rules I can ask anyone to stop something, that looks
not very pleasant for me personally. I use to say, that PMCs overall
behavior on couchapps topic is not very pleasant, and not only for me.

What I see, is that every time couchapp theme is raised, it finshes with
‘we will kill couchapps, unless someone dares to support it’. It‘s all
understandable, have reasons, and surely is not trolling.

So what is trolling?

Trolling is when you declared you intentions – to remove couchapps and
releated functions – and them start to speculate on topic, hurting people.

I do not want to crawl posts to find out all version of killing, but again,
overall picture is:

* We will remove some yet unknown couchapp functions
* We will remove all of them (nobody know here what you mean, really)
* We maybe remove even views
* We‘ll maybe remove them at 2.0
* ... or at 2.1
* ... or at 3.0.

For me it‘s like you‘ve caught couchappers here and telling them you gonna
destroy things they (and I, partially) believe in. May be you gonna cut off
leg. Or arm. Today. Or tomorrow. And couchappers are unable to do anything
with it.

Hurting people who can‘t do nothig with it, and doing it every single day,
for about a week – is trolling. *Special* efforts to hurt – and all these
unpleasant ‘watch me’ were surely intentional pathos – are clear trolling,
by definition.

Thats why I ask you – please, stop it. Couchappers don‘t deserve this kind
of attitude.

Best regards,
ermouth