couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From ermouth <ermo...@gmail.com>
Subject Trolling of Couchappers
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2015 13:38:55 GMT
Dear PMCs, I heartly ask you: stop trolling couchappers.

It became even more annoying, then Jan‘s direct assaults.

If you want to kill the feature – well, say when and in which amount. If
you can‘t – just say nothing.

All these speeches, that you‘re making kickass cluster are good. But when
you start to say that you:

* remove couchapp (which?) functions
* possibly keep part of functions
* remove them soon
* remove them later
* don‘t remove them if someone start to support em.

... it‘s just trolling. There is long german word, that means ‘major
version upgrade phobia’ – well, you, dear PMCs, made all your best to
induce this phobia to couchappers. Because you troll them. Directly.
Changing each other daily, like you‘re on duty.

All this crap like ‘watch me’ is just direct and sometimes assaultive
trolling. And I see it every freaking day here.

Please, just stop.

Dear PMCs, there is some obvious strategic consequences, that are clearly
seen. Removing all these features when you roll out completely new version
will lead you to:

* nearly zero-size cluster fans community – nobody knows about CouchDB
cluster yet, but all know there is Couchbase that is 100x faster;
* zero size couchapp community here;
* enormous amount of harsh, cynical and very personal public critics, where
newborn cluster will be on special focus.

So think carefully, and then say what you removing and when – or say
nothing.

And anyway: please, stop trolling.

ermouth