couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trolling of Couchappers
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2015 14:19:34 GMT
I think my words about "may not survive next major release" were taken
too straight and close to heart (:

Clarification: nothing will happen with couchapps for 2.0. We'll keep
them work as they did all the time before.

What happens with them for 3.0? Nobody know. And you're right about
lack of strategy here.

They will certainly survive if someone will take care about. But if
not, what always happens with features that are not being maintained
for a long time and contains a lot of issues? You know that sad
answer. I don't like it too, but it honest.

But till then and for today let's not speculate on uncertain future.
Maintainer vacation is open. Everyone welcome!

P.S. I also have "insider" information, that Cloudant would like to
keep them (at least as is).  Robert Newson will give comment about
this later.

--