couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The Future of Couch: [Was: The future of couchapps]
Date Sun, 20 Sep 2015 08:38:09 GMT
On Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 4:26 AM, Miles Fidelman
<mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> wrote:
> - Whatever happened to geoCouch?

It's fine and AFAIK, @vmx is working on make it compatible with 2.0.
Cloudant didn't declare that feature they want to contribute. AFAIK,
again.

> - What's the general direction of the CouchDB ecosystem.  Are we seeing
> Cloudant diverge from Couch, with IBM-supported features not making their
> way back into the open source version of Couch?

We'll the other so far: Cloudant goes to be CouchDB 2.0 + extra
features, which they cannot open source now (like chained map/reduce),
or which we cannot include by default (like FTS because of Java). The
general direction in 2.0 era is to make CouchDB scale and extend
right, and find a balance between needs of regular and enterprise
users on that domain.

--