couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <andyw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] WHY/HOW/WHAT
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2015 07:56:34 GMT
Hi all,

I suggest to stop the vote at this pint because obviously

* we do not seem to get any positiv consensus
* more ideas have arisen and people want to show them

I am not sure why this happens because there was a very long discussion
about the slogan. So I have the feeling, we have done sth. wrong. Before we
start again, we should clarify these points in my opinion:

* what went wrong?
* how and where do we collect ideas about a slogan?
* should we create a simple template which info we need? I think this
already there in Jan's initial email. Imo this should be a form where
everybody fills in his ideas.
* how do we discuss these ideas - I suggest NOT on the ML (I know that this
might break rules but if it doesn't work ... ?)
* what is the schedule? As we had along a thread already, I suggest to not
schedule it longer than two weeks

I am a bit confused why this vote is going in this direction. To say it
clearly: what did we discuss if most of the proposals are voted with -1?
But on the other hand, this is a community process and I am happy to learn
from it ("there are no errors - there is only experience we made what helps
us to learn")

What do you think?

Jan - thanks a lot for starting the vote. You did this with the best
intentions!

All the best

Andy

--