couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The future of couchapps
Date Sat, 19 Sep 2015 22:12:20 GMT
I'll concur with Alex here. My survey of the PMC members so far has
resulted in 100% of us in agreement with Jan's comments.

This is not a power play, it is a logical, reasoned decision with many
factors that play a part -- not the least of which is that there are so
many great web frameworks out there that do such a better job than we do
with CouchApps. We'd need a massive effort to catch up with them, and a
significant number of developers just to keep pace. Right now, there's
no one working on CouchApps period, as has been repeatedly stated on the
list.

If you are willing to put in the time to develop the Erlang, JavaScript
and possibly C to build the new functionality, and are able to sustain
development on that over the course of the years it would take to match
e.g. Python or Node.JS's community level for web apps...well, let's just
say that I look forward to your GitHub pull requests. :)

Best regards,
Joan