couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Garren Smith <gar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [couchrest]
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2015 13:37:13 GMT
I think its a good idea to include it.

> On 23 Jul 2015, at 3:22 PM, Katharina Jockenhöfer <katha@thehoodiefirm.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> would like your quick feedback on this. Would you like me to include the news on CouchRest
below into the CouchDB Weekly News?

> Best regards
> Katharina
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Katharina Jockenhöfer <katha@thehoodiefirm.com>
> Subject: Re: [couchrest]
> Date: 18 Jul 2015 21:47:30 CEST
> To: andy@nms.de
>
> Danke Andy!!
>
> On 17 Jul 2015, at 09:44, Andreas Wenk <ipad.wenk@gmail.com <mailto:ipad.wenk@gmail.com>>
wrote:

> Hi Katharina,
>
> für die News super spannend ...
>
> LG
>
> Andy

gem. There are a few possibly breaking API changes, so I've bumped the version up to 2.0.0.beta1.
Despite only being a PR, I've packaged a gem for convenience.

> The change boils down to replacing RestClient with HTTPClient [2] which adds support
for:

> * Persistent HTTP connections
> * Built-in streaming
>
> As a consequence, I've added CouchRest's own exception models for response errors, instead
of relying on RestClient. Timeout or Connection errors are still handled directly by HTTPClient
which may or may not be a good idea.

> Most of the API remains the same, but the recommended approach now is to send requests
via a `CouchRest::Server` instance instead of the less efficient `CouchRest#get` and related
class methods.

> Persistent connections are a big win for performance, especially with SSL, and results
with our own system have been positive so far. I've not had time yet to create benchmarks
yet.

> Finally, I'm also working on CouchRest Model to support the new streaming API with views
which is way more efficient than loading massive view result sets into memory.

> It'd be great if anyone out there has time to checkout the beta and let me know how it
goes before releasing a final version.