couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Johs Ensby <j...@b2w.com>
Subject Re: Blog Post
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2015 03:40:41 GMT
Thanks, Johannes,

>> (for integration into npm, Grunt, Gulp…)

related to earlier discussions about lacking tools for couchapps, have you tried to set up
npm, gulp pr grunt to work as a deployment tool for couchapps?
If so, which approach would you recommend?
I very much want to keep a minimal stack of both production and development tools, and to
keep it extremely simple in developmen is important in order to build and maintain a team.
Yet, there comes a day when you realize that proper tooling needs to be put in place.
I read an article some time ago that argued for npm having most of the functionality that
people rely on grunt and gulp for.
This was especially appealing to me, as it seems that npm would be one of the tools that a
js developer should not only use, but master.
Since you mantioned npm, could you please elaborate (or event better, add to your docs) something
about your tools and use with npm?

johs

PS
I think you should consider giving your toolset a unique name; «bootstrap" being both generic
and dominated by the js framework could be confusing to the target group that are looking
for your tool:)