couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From ermouth <ermo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB Articles, Pills and Tutorials Ideas
Date Tue, 05 May 2015 06:45:32 GMT
> CouchDB-killing answers

Well... When someone says couchapps is silver bullet – I say ‘No’ and I can
prove it. Couchapps have a lot, A LOT of problems, and some of them can not
be solved inside CouchDB. For example, try to implement ACL for attachments
or try to scale couchapp. You just can‘t do it in reasonable way.

I know several engineers who tried out couchapps – and left CouchDB
forever. Not because CouchDB itself, but because couchapps. O‘Reilly said
it‘s a silver bullet, others said – and what we have? Sloppy and
hard-to-debug architecture, that does not scale, has no tooling and a lot
of security issues.

You gonna solve architecture problems with positive posts?

What I want to say – there is no need to lie and say couchapps are great.
Because they are not.

> would you like to write down some of your positive:-)) experiences?

http://ermouth.livejournal.com/tag/couchdb – sorry, Russian language.

ermouth