couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From ermouth <ermo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do CouchApps fit into the CouchDB story? (Was: CouchDB Articles, Pills and Tutorials Ideas)
Date Tue, 05 May 2015 09:49:15 GMT
> How can we make it that CouchApps strengthen CouchDB and not weaken it by
adding confusion?

1) Just telling true about couchapps.
2) Creating modern robust tooling.
3) Improving ‘map >> serialize >> deserialize >> list’ sequence. It‘s
ineffective.

For #1.

Definitely, there exist archiectures, where couchapp approach is suitable
as a part of system. But no more ‘You can do anything using couchapp only’.

Surely there exist some low capacity projects built using couchapps only –
small product/event sites for example – but they all are bit slow. It‘s not
a problem per se – but developers just discovered couchapps must know
limitations before they start.

For #2.

I‘ll try to wire 2-3 days this May to extend
http://cloudwall.me/etc/json-editor.html – gonna make it couchapp editor,
that can be deployed as a single CouchDB doc. Like ‘copy this json, paste
it in Futon and have an editor’. Not sure it can help to solve inherent
archiecture problems, but at least it can ease up first step for newbies.

For #3.

As for me, sluggish map>>list it‘s the main problem. It limits couchapp
applicability greatly and puts it to segment, where LAMP/MEAN rules.