couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From ermouth <ermo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB Articles, Pills and Tutorials Ideas
Date Mon, 04 May 2015 16:44:43 GMT
>but I think Couchapps are really a game-changing feature

They are not, it‘s an overcomplicated, hard to debug and brittle solution
for small projects.

Also couchapps generally have very poor perfomance – because json
serialization/deserialization while transmitting data from map to _list and
_show functions is slow.

> Why using a web, app and db server when you can just use CouchDB?

Because there exist not only small projects. So we need rater, monitor,
counter, cache and so on.

ermouth