couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From ermouth <ermo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do CouchApps fit into the CouchDB story? (Was: CouchDB Articles, Pills and Tutorials Ideas)
Date Wed, 06 May 2015 18:47:31 GMT
> Sure, but how is that conceptually different?

Well... Imagine doc with 100 attaches in CouchDB and then 101 object in
Riak.

Now, compare them in these situations:

   1. What happens when replication breaks in the middle?
      1. How we can determine it happened?
      2. What can we do with half-updated data?
   2. You need atomic update of 50 attaches

>> life I‘d say reasonable limit for Riak blob is about 10-20 Mb)
> Same in CouchDB, really.

He-he, you underestimate CouchDB )

ermouth