couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From ermouth <ermo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB Articles, Pills and Tutorials Ideas
Date Mon, 04 May 2015 18:19:54 GMT
> and how many freelancers, small and medium companies are there instead?

A lot, and they generally use LAMP. If they are more advanced – MEAN.
Couchapps are extremely rear – they need way of thinking and skills more
common for large serious projects. MapReduce is not the thing common for
small sites.

Also tooling and documantation around couchapps are really, really poor –
you know it. And reason for it is not underestimation – reason is couchapps
are limited and limiting. Couchapps are too complex for simple projects and
too limiting for large systems.

Although there exist some real-life architectures, where couchapps are
integrated into large systems. For example you can have couchapp-driven
backend that serves tenths of users – and full-powered frontend that
employs CouchDB replicated from backend, but as DB, not as app platform.

> I assume you like something about CouchDB, right

Sure, I have quite large projects, that are built on top of CouchDB – but
most of them are under NDA. In fact, combining CouchDB with node.js in
front you can create distributed, reliable, fast and complex solutions that
fly with zero issues for years – but using only couchapps you definitely
can not.

ermouth