couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB Articles, Pills and Tutorials Ideas
Date Tue, 05 May 2015 06:29:49 GMT
On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 9:14 AM, Giovanni Lenzi <g.lenzi@smileupps.com> wrote:

> can't understand exactly what you mean... would you like to have all
> current and future CouchDB content within the CouchDB docs? Couldn't it be
> a strong limitation for writers and their freedom?

Well, certainly, this raises quality requirement on higher level, but
why not to leave such option? After all, authors are free to do
whatever they likes with their content and we're open for the new
contributions (:

> Of course, a single source of truth is great, but I think it can't cover
> any kind of topic. Unfortunately the Internet is full of outdated content,
> is in its nature, but maybe is its power too.

Any kind of topic - yes. Basics and important stuff - should.

> I think CouchDB has a very good reference manual. By expanding it with
> everything, wouldn't it be too hard to write and above all to mantain up to
> date?

How easy to say here....there is a room for improvements (; Bigger
knowledge database assumes more work on keeping it up to date, but
that's natural process for it.

--