couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [BLOG] The CouchDB Weekly News, May 28, is out!
Date Thu, 28 May 2015 18:47:21 GMT

> On 28 May 2015, at 20:40, Giovanni Lenzi <g.lenzi@smileupps.com> wrote:
>
> What???
>
> Sorry, there is really no arbitrage to do! We weren't really not aware of
> this problem, and that you were using it some time ago.. We really can't
> know all past use of the word couch...We will change it as soon as
> possible, if this is a problem!!
>
> We released CouchOS as open source, we aren't selling it in any way. It
> contains a modified version of json-editor. Both on our github and CouchOS
> homepage there are links and credits to you ermouth. You were also the
> first to propose to modify it, and we even talked about a better version
> last week... so now? what has changed? really can't understand!!
>
> I'm very sorry if you are no more happy that your opensource code gets
> modified. We could eventually replace it, it won't be a problem of course.
> We really would like to contribute to a supportive and friendly
> community... but let me say it: it's VERY VERY difficult if everything is a
> problem!!!

The only problem is is using the Couch* namespace. We’ve been through this.

There are tons of names possible out there. There are even still some seating
furniture related names unclaimed.

Again, nobody tries to discourage anyone from writing good code for the
community.

We are also working on a more formal policy that makes it easier to follow
our guidelines.

Best
Jan