couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB website: contributing redesign / text help
Date Tue, 12 May 2015 15:25:05 GMT

> On 12 May 2015, at 16:57, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Good call, let’s see: https://twitter.com/janl/status/598102651222523904 :)
>>
>> Here’s one: https://gist.github.com/nolanlawson/09cab7798aed9ec9044c
>
> All is perfect! But CouchDB Core text need to be a bit improved:
>
>> Help shape the future of CouchDB! There's still plenty of exciting work to be done
on the core database. We use modern tools like JIRA and Github to track issues and pull requests.

> Future of CouchDB is shaped not only by core,

The text doesn’t claim that the core *only* shapes the future and the fact that the other
areas of contributions are right there next to it should make that clear.

> but Fauxton, Docs,
> Marketings and all the other cards as well.  Statement about "we use
> ... JIRA and Github to track issues and pull requests" may be read as
> "We use two issues trackers and that why we have a lot of work to do”.

Heh, nice catch, I hadn’t read it that way, maybe we can rephrase the
whole thing? :)

I think the intention is 1. “we have a lot to do” 2. “we use standard tools that you
are familiar with to work”

Best
Jan