couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: the future of couchapp
Date Fri, 08 May 2015 13:56:20 GMT
Hi all,

PMC hat on...

Reminding you *again* that we should not be using the MARKETING list to
discuss new FEATURES and functionality for Apache CouchDB. We are not
like a company where marketing makes up what they want to do, and
development is forced to implement it. While it's a good idea to have a
feedback loop between marketing and development, I am especially keen to
not see Apache CouchDB turn into a marketing-driven development effort.

If you are proposing new CouchDB features, please make those proposals
on the dev@ mailing list. And if you are willing to *develop* and
*support* those functions - even better. Current CouchDB development
bandwidth is extremely limited, and would best be served by helping you
to understand the current design's constraints, and the difficulties
that may be inherent in what you ask for.

Best regards,
Joan