couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposed logo revision proposal
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2015 13:01:35 GMT
Here's what I suggest:

1. We collect any commentary on the logo choice that people want to give.

2. We hand that commentary off to a single person, and we ask them to
produce a final set of logos. (I say set, because we need it produced at
different sizes, and in different layout formats.)

Easy. And we sidestep the design by committee stuff.

Is Cloudant able to help us with the designer?

On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 at 12:43 ermouth <ermouth@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Constantin, those are cusps – and they definitely must be smooth
> joints no matter they follow font or not:
>
> http://jquerymy.com/kod/cusps.png
>
> Also encircled area definitely need more work – it‘s just very untidy now,
> sorry.
>
> If you think I‘m too strict – well, put your logo to Behance and see what
> people say about your work. You‘ll be upset.
>
> ermouth

> constantin.angheloiu@thewizards.ro>:
>
> > hi there,
> >
> > i am happy to hear that you liked the logo i've made.
> >
> > @ermouth,
> >
> > have a loog at this:
> >

> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwCSb3J9EzV3dTlpSGpzTHNBM1U/view?usp=sharing
> >
> > 1. those are cusp, becauze there should be no curves
> > 2. those curves follows the font ones
> >
> > thank you,
> > constantin

> > > significant.
> > >
> > > More important they produced result that is much weaker than original.
> > >
> > > And another low hanging fruits to correct in original:
> > >  * joints of straight lines and curves are cusp (!) – and they
> definitely
> > > must be smooth;
> > >  * there are too many unnecessery points on curves.
> > >

> > > ermouth

> > > consider

> > > untidy
> > April –