couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Constantin Angheloiu <constantin.anghel...@thewizards.ro>
Subject Re: Proposed logo revision proposal
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2015 10:24:18 GMT
hi there,

i am happy to hear that you liked the logo i've made.

@ermouth,

have a loog at this:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwCSb3J9EzV3dTlpSGpzTHNBM1U/view?usp=sharing

1. those are cusp, becauze there should be no curves
2. those curves follows the font ones

thank you,
constantin

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 11:38 AM, ermouth <ermouth@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I consider the sofa arms and the font and colour changes to be
> significant.
>
> More important they produced result that is much weaker than original.
>
> And another low hanging fruits to correct in original:
>  * joints of straight lines and curves are cusp (!) – and they definitely
> must be smooth;
>  * there are too many unnecessery points on curves.
>

> ermouth

> > One person's slight correction is another's significant change. I
> consider
> > the sofa arms and the font and colour changes to be significant.
> >
> > Nick

> > > have proposed it at the voting stage and not afterwards
> > >
> > > Something terrible gonna happen if someone tries to correct quite
> untidy
> > > logo? If someone made slight corrections 21 of April, not 19 of April –
> > > what happens?
> > >
> > > You need good, reproducable logo, right? Now proposed version is at
> least
> > > technically weak and definitely need minor corrections. There is no
> > > breaking any rules in cleaning what is untidy. You need result, don‘t
> be
> > so
> > > stubborn with rules.
> > >
> > > And, by the way, tweaked version proposed by Mr. Young is weaker than
> > > original – so it was good idea to hire professional graphic designer to
> > > ...mmm... brush sofa a little.
> > >
> > > Low hanging fruits:
> > >  * randomness of gaps is inconsistent, gaps widths must be unified to
> > avoid
> > > weird effects on low-res devices
> > >  * width and height of other elts better be multiples of a gap width –
> > same
> > > reason
> > >  * internal roundings better be tuned to eliminate effect of aggressive
> > > visual field – now I definitely see one
> > >

> > > ermouth

> everyone
> > > Constantin's
> better

> > fresh
> color
> > of
> > grey

> > constantin.angheloiu@thewizards.ro

> > preference
> > for a

> Constantin's

> > graphic

DB

--
*C-tin* Angheloiu
*deals with design magic*

mobile: +4 0728.956.111
email: constantin.angheloiu@thewizards.ro
find us: www.thewizards.ro
facebook.com/TheWizardsRo; twitter.com/TheWizardsRo