couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From ermouth <ermo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposed logo revision proposal
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2015 07:47:16 GMT
> if someone wanted a variant on that, it would have been better to
have proposed it at the voting stage and not afterwards

Something terrible gonna happen if someone tries to correct quite untidy
logo? If someone made slight corrections 21 of April, not 19 of April –
what happens?

You need good, reproducable logo, right? Now proposed version is at least
technically weak and definitely need minor corrections. There is no
breaking any rules in cleaning what is untidy. You need result, don‘t be so
stubborn with rules.

And, by the way, tweaked version proposed by Mr. Young is weaker than
original – so it was good idea to hire professional graphic designer to
...mmm... brush sofa a little.

Low hanging fruits:
 * randomness of gaps is inconsistent, gaps widths must be unified to avoid
weird effects on low-res devices
 * width and height of other elts better be multiples of a gap width – same
reason
 * internal roundings better be tuned to eliminate effect of aggressive
visual field – now I definitely see one

ermouth