couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <andyw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] CouchDB Logo
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2015 14:35:40 GMT
On 6 April 2015 at 11:28, Javier Candeira <javier@candeira.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 11:22 AM, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > We aborted the vote because is wasn't clear if deadline is 5th April
> > at 00:00:00 or at 23:59:59. And since the first case was surprise for
> > Javier who planned to finish his version in the right before deadline,
> > we choose the deadline at the end of the 5th day.
> > Suddenly, he didn't send us anything and the time is over - todays 6th
> > on my UTC clocks. Robert, run another vote!
> >

> I did send a tagline, so it was not all for naught. Yes, please, this is my
> first vote!
>
> Robert: can we vote taglines and logos separately?

I am afraid I will bloat this now but I would like to know if it makes
sense to vote for the tagline and logo separately. I think we can do it,
because it is most likely, that you can take one logo and combine it with
different taglines.

On the other hand I can imagine, that there are some logo creators who made
a logo based on a tagline. I suggest they should still put the tagline to
the logo for understanding but should know, that we are voting for the logo
solely.

Do we have more different taglines at all? I remember there was a thread
about taglines two month ago or so.

I suggest to run the logo vote for now and start another vote for the
tagline later.

Cheers

Andy

--