couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Mike Broberg <mbrob...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Draft of Cloudant paper, CouchDB inclusion?
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2015 03:20:04 GMT
Oops. My bad. Thanks, Jan. Here you go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/64uwtvn31djywcs/WUW12368-USEN-00_HR.pdf?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4u6zj49m9b66vl/WUW12368-USEN-00_managedLocalCouchDB_v3.pdf?dl=0

--
Mike Broberg | IBM Cloudant | 200 State Street, Boston, MA 02109 |
mbroberg@us.ibm.com | (617) 299-1409 Google Voice
--

From:	Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org>
To:	marketing@couchdb.apache.org

Heya Mike,

ASF lists don’t do attachments, can you put a link up somewhere? :)

Best
Jan
--

> On 05 Mar 2015, at 21:33, Mike Broberg <mbroberg@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> Greetings, marketing community-- Here's the paper we discussed, now in
official IBM layout (attached).

> Thanks for all the feedback and help! --Mike
> --
> Mike Broberg | IBM Cloudant | 200 State Street, Boston, MA 02109 |
mbroberg@us.ibm.com | (617) 299-1409 Google Voice
> --
> (See attached file: WUW12368-USEN-00_managedLocalCouchDB_v3.pdf)
>
> <graycol.gif>Mike Broberg---01/30/2015 08:11:16 AM---Hi, Andy-- Thanks!
Our messages crossed earlier. Sorry about that. Here's the updated version,
minus

> From:		 Mike Broberg/Cambridge/IBM
> To:		 marketing@couchdb.apache.org
> Date:		 01/30/2015 08:11 AM
> Subject:		 Re: Draft of Cloudant paper, CouchDB inclusion?
>

> Hi, Andy-- Thanks! Our messages crossed earlier. Sorry about that.
>
> Here's the updated version, minus "PouchDB" in the footer. Much
appreciated. --Mike
> --
> Mike Broberg | IBM Cloudant | 200 State Street, Boston, MA 02109 |
mbroberg@us.ibm.com | (617) 299-1409 Google Voice
> --
> [attachment "whitepaper_managedLocalCouchDB_v5-5.pdf" deleted by Mike
Broberg/Cambridge/IBM]

> <graycol.gif>Andy Wenk ---01/30/2015 07:21:43 AM---Hi Mike, I like the
paper very much. It's a nice overview and will help people a

> From:		 Andy Wenk <andywenk@apache.org>
> To:		 "marketing@couchdb.apache.org" <marketing@couchdb.apache.org>
> Date:		 01/30/2015 07:21 AM
> Subject:		 Re: Draft of Cloudant paper, CouchDB inclusion?
>

> Hi Mike,
>
> I like the paper very much. It's a nice overview and will help people a
> lot. I also think that there is no need to "choose". It's more the thing
> that one want's do find the best fit for the job.
>
> PouchDB is not an ASF project and is not integrated in Apache CouchDB. So
> the footer should be changed accordingly. Even though - PouchDB is super
> awesome ;-).
>
> Thanks a lot for this
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy
>
> On 29 January 2015 at 22:05, Sebastian Rothbucher <
> sebastianrothbucher@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm with Johs: one could point out that one can easily SWITCH between
Couch
> > 4 free, a fully commercial-backed Cloudant local and the cloud option
as
> > such. You can upgrade and you can also downgrade when you want to leave
the
> > cloud for some reason. Try that with SF.com!
> > By the way: this also improves CouchDB's position as there is a
> > commercially supported counterpart out - so great on another front also
> >
> > So thanks for summarizing these things!
> >     Sebastian
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 9:37 AM, Johs Ensby <johs@b2w.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Mike,
> > > Nice paper!  It provides the kind of orientation that is essential to
> > both
> > > development strategy and deployment planning. The fact that it comes
> > from a
> > > major commercial player is a much needed reference on top of the
usual
> > > blog/twitter/youtube/Stackoverflow/Quora scanning to QC the
> > > not-always-update online docs.
> > > Two comments:
> > > I would have expected a few more sentences promoting Cloudant sync
> > > qualify for mobile use is essential these days)
> > > Mentioning Hood.ie might be a good idea when addressing PouchDB, and
as
> > > there is a compatibility issue there at the moment when it comes to
the
> > > user database api between CouchDB and Cloudant (see
> > > https://github.com/hoodiehq/faq/issues/77). I think the Hoodie
> > initiative
> > > deserves a mention since it ties together your “additional
replication
> > > endponts” issue with the node.js world and makes the offline vision a
> > > practical reality
> > >
> > > A final comment as a Cloudant fan (since i met with the team in
Boston in

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-t8xRXnMqHYJi2PcxHzX3By3eoZUkWxzKqQg5K3tLbU/edit?usp=sharing

> > > <

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-t8xRXnMqHYJi2PcxHzX3By3eoZUkWxzKqQg5K3tLbU/edit?usp=sharing

> > > I also included a potential layout of the document (attached) so you
can
> > > see how the images might look. (Disclaimer: I am not a graphic
designer.)

> > > trademarks statement in the draft, but I'm not sure if it applies. So
I'm
> > > copying the ASF trademarks team here on that. Or, maybe this is a
> > question
> > > for Dale, Nolan, etc.?
> > > clustering in Apache CouchDB.

> > > of this week. Please let me know if you anticipate needing more time.
> > Thank
> > > you! --Mike
> > > mbroberg@us.ibm.com | (617) 299-1409 Google Voice
> > >

> --
> Andy Wenk
> Hamburg - Germany
> RockIt!

[attachment "signature.asc" deleted by Mike Broberg/Cambridge/IBM]