couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Johs Ensby <j...@b2w.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB users interview
Date Sat, 28 Mar 2015 17:07:04 GMT
Jan,
my suggestion if we got an opportunity with CERN or BBC is to set the target at
article that could be adopted to various purposes and with video being supporting clips and
possibly a standalone.
What many dont realise is that the biggest part of this job is story and coordination of approval.
Heading for text first eases the approval process for a video release.

Noah,
I thought of some case videos that Apple did some years back a the way to go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42e-HFbt6Z4 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42e-HFbt6Z4>
This is a typical B2B story that uses interviews with several people that
are part of the decision making process.
- head of production
- technology controller
- editor
this is an exemplary piece when it comes to supporting tech selection.
Marketing is all about supporting decision making and in B2B, especially selecting tech platforms
it needs to be this kind of story.

> On 28 Mar 2015, at 17:55, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On 28 Mar 2015, at 17:46, Johs Ensby <johs@b2w.com> wrote:
>>
>> Agree that there is not a one-size-fits-all approach
>> My “open” approach is
>> - story idea first
>> - interviewee agrees with it and OKs it with whoever needed to go public (comms dept)
>> - interview on video
>
> Are you planning to release the video, or is that just the basis for a written version?
>
> Best
> Jan
> --
>

>> - article writeup and approval
>> - video edit and apprtoval
>> - adaptation for various formats/channels
>>
>>> On 28 Mar 2015, at 17:38, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Are we interested in doing interview over, say, white papers, or case
>>> studies? I'd like to suggest that we approach each company with a list of
>>> options and see what works, instead of a one-size-fits-all approach.

Andreas