couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB users interview
Date Sat, 28 Mar 2015 22:42:48 GMT
Wow! There's so much great stuff going on in this thread. Thank you so much
everybody!

Just wanted to say a few things:

- I support Jan's iterative idea. Let's get the basics done and build up
from there (building our relationships with third-parties as we do so)

- There's an outside chance that we can get funding for the production of
one professional quality video for our homepage. One. That's important, and
I expect it means it will have to be a very general video, perhaps serving
multiple purposes. I'll chase up on that now

- Myself or Jan have contacts at SoundCloud, ftr

On Sat, 28 Mar 2015 at 23:36 Robert Kowalski <rok@kowalski.gd> wrote:

> [...]
> >> List of material already published for this (like some ugly powerpoint
> from ta talk at a conference, far from approved by any big brand comms dept)
> >> Run a "Who knows somebody” to id a possible contact based on a personal
> relationships, this time to get a inside source
> >> Check facts, verify them with two sources, quotes if possible
> >> Develop a story
> >> Publish on CouchDB web site
> >>
> >> The problem with this approach is the channel.
> >> Here my advice is to go for a story that works like rumour, a bit hot
> and for insiders to share with the next layer of insiders until it reach
> the outsiders.

> and interviews.

> so travelling to Geneva and London and a few more weeks on pre- and
> post-production for the benefit of CouchDB, I’ll be their biggest
> supporter. I’m just suggesting that I haven’t seen anyone here (yet) and
> that with the resources I know about, we can do something very low-key that
> can get us a looong way.

> website would be terrific, and, while not trivial, be A LOT easier than
> producing high-quality video.

> and how they like it / why they chose it” case-studies is the next level up
> from there and that’s *still* going to be a lot less work etc.

> starving and ignoring the low-hanging ones.

> end-user videos. I just also want to make sure we do something with the
> other resources we have to get something tangible going with less effort
> and maybe even faster.

> (Apple is a different animal)
> speakers/endafarrell <http://www.erlang-factory.com/conference/London2009/
> speakers/endafarrell> <http://www.erlang-factory.
> com/conference/London2009/speakers/endafarrell <http://www.erlang-factory.
> com/conference/London2009/speakers/endafarrell>>
> http://readwrite.com/2010/08/26/lhc-couchdb> <
> http://readwrite.com/2010/08/26/lhc-couchdb <http://readwrite.com/2010/08/
> 26/lhc-couchdb>>
> is interesting in doing the interview and hopefully pull in some colleague

> more involved than producing text. Since we are just getting started,
> unless we have someone who’s happy to do pro video work for us, I’d suggest
> that we focus on text and use video as a prop for transcripts and such.

> video production crew with plenty of resources. I don’t see us taking a
> camera into CERN and the BBC for mood shots and interviews.

> for it. To get started, it might be easier and more bang for the buck to
> start with text.

> the target at
> being supporting clips and possibly a standalone.
> story and coordination of approval.
> release.

> way to go
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42e-HFbt6Z4> <https://www.youtube.com/
> watch?v=42e-HFbt6Z4 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42e-HFbt6Z4>>
> people that
> selection.
> especially selecting tech platforms it needs to be this kind of story.

white papers, or
> case
> a list of
> approach.