couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [NOTICE] CouchDB logo process & decision
Date Sun, 29 Mar 2015 14:08:41 GMT
Few days late to this, and I don't want to muddy the waters, especially
after the work to clear them was done by "set of people who are not me",
but... Apache has this cool Single Transferable Vote (STV) tool that we
could use for Step 2 of your plan there.

Basically, it works like this: we load all of the options into the system
once we're ready to vote, and then we send out a vote email to everyone who
wishes to vote. Those people then log in, and arrange the logos in the
order that they prefer them. Once that's over, the system uses the STV algo
to give us an ordered list of most prefered logos.

I'm not sure if this would limit the vote to just committers or not. But if
this is something we think could work for this, we can check that out and
see what's involved in getting this set up for us.