couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Nick Pavlica <lini...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB logo proposal
Date Sun, 08 Mar 2015 20:04:46 GMT
Hi Andy,
  I took the hexagon away with this image to make it less technical, and
I'm calling it clean layers.  It's a simple modern image that really should
stand the test of time.  All of these can be tweed until we like it, and I
would be happy to share the raw svg(s) as well if someone wants to work
directly with the image files.

  -
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1tDFdIIJePNRFoyd2VuSEY5X2s/view?usp=sharing

"
> They may be willing to co-operate with us ...

This ill most likely not happen ;-)
"
It's unfortunate that they would be uncooperative, since they have such
strong roots in this project. :(

Thanks!
-- Nick Pavlica

On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 1:31 PM, Andy Wenk <andywenk@apache.org> wrote:

> > They may be willing to co-operate with us ...
> >

> This ill most likely not happen ;-)
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy
>
> On 8 March 2015 at 20:25, Nick Pavlica <linicks@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Alexander,
> >   Thanks for reviewing the image, I appreciate clear and constructive
> > feedback.  I was also a little concerned with the similarity of the small
> > couches at the corners, but I was having a hard time keeping their
> clarity
> > when the image was shrunk to a small size.  I changed the small couches
> > better reflect the main couch in the shared link below.  One of the many
> > challenges with this design effort is the fact that we are trying to
> create
> > a great image for the project, but we have to compete with another
> database
> > that has a very similar core identity.  I really wish they would have
> > selected a different name whey the made the move from CochDB, but it is
> > what it is.  They may be willing to co-operate with us, since the images
> > are over all distinctly different, but hopefully we can find something
> that
> > doesn't require that.
> >
> >   -
> >

> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1tDFdIIJePNMnA5bHBfOV80TU0/view?usp=sharing
> >
> > Thanks!
> > -- Nick Pavlica
> >

> > On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 12:46 PM, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Nick!
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot for your effort (: The last one is nice, but I should
> > > notice that couches at hexagon corners are looks very similar to
> > > Couchbase logo[1] and may cause legal issues.
> > >
> > > [1]:
> > >

> http://www.couchbase.com/wiki/download/attachments/11075991/couchbase?version=3&modificationDate=1365135088338
> > > --

> something