couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Robert Kowalski <robertkowal...@apache.org>
Subject [NOTICE] CouchDB logo process & decision
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2015 23:20:18 GMT
Hi everyone,

I would like to give you an update regarding the process for the new
logo design. Sorry that it took so long and for the confusion, but we
finally found a way to decide on the logo and move forward regarding
this topic. The process will have three steps:

Step 1 - You can still submit proposals and we will also propose the
old CouchDB logo as a possible candidate until April 5

Step 2 - We will then run a public vote for all committers on this
mailing list (marketing@couchdb.apache.org)  (see “Non-technical
decision” in our bylaws [1]) by April 20. This vote will inform the
decision made in Step 3.

Step 3 - The PMC will vote on a final decision by May 18, which will
take the public vote as significant input. The PMC can decide to go
with the results of the public vote, or make its own choice.

[1] http://couchdb.apache.org/bylaws.html#types