couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Johs Ensby <j...@b2w.com>
Subject Re: Designs and decision making
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2015 08:42:34 GMT
Andy,
Design by committee is a bad idea, I agree
Designer by community is an even worse idea when that committee is self appointed.
Brand management at the PMC level is missing, but they still are de de facto brand manager.
To ask this list to pick a designer for them is not a step forward.

This is my suggestion which I think would be respectful to the members of this list and lead
to more designers joining the list:

1) PMC issue a design competition - brief and open to get as wide material as possible to
select from
2) anyone on this list can participate with one proposals
3) proposals are published by the designers and discussion take place here
4) PMC invite Shane Curcuru for advice on this and they decide - he is formally responsible
for what we are discussing

Johs