couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB users interview
Date Sat, 28 Mar 2015 17:15:52 GMT
Ok, then just my cautioning: producing video is orders of magnitude more involved than producing
text. Since we are just getting started, unless we have someone who’s happy to do pro video
work for us, I’d suggest that we focus on text and use video as a prop for transcripts and
such.

Note that the Apple videos you linked were done by a professional video production crew with
plenty of resources. I don’t see us taking a camera into CERN and the BBC for mood shots
and interviews.

Again, if we *do* have people that are willing to do this, I’m all for it. To get started,
it might be easier and more bang for the buck to start with text.

Best
Jan
--

> On 28 Mar 2015, at 18:07, Johs Ensby <johs@b2w.com> wrote:
>
> Jan,
> my suggestion if we got an opportunity with CERN or BBC is to set the target at
> article that could be adopted to various purposes and with video being supporting clips
and possibly a standalone.
> What many dont realise is that the biggest part of this job is story and coordination
of approval.
> Heading for text first eases the approval process for a video release.
>
> Noah,
> I thought of some case videos that Apple did some years back a the way to go
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42e-HFbt6Z4 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42e-HFbt6Z4>
> This is a typical B2B story that uses interviews with several people that
> are part of the decision making process.
> - head of production
> - technology controller
> - editor
> this is an exemplary piece when it comes to supporting tech selection.
> Marketing is all about supporting decision making and in B2B, especially selecting tech
platforms it needs to be this kind of story.

>> On 28 Mar 2015, at 17:55, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>>

>>> On 28 Mar 2015, at 17:46, Johs Ensby <johs@b2w.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Agree that there is not a one-size-fits-all approach
>>> My “open” approach is
>>> - story idea first
>>> - interviewee agrees with it and OKs it with whoever needed to go public (comms
dept)
>>> - interview on video
>>
>> Are you planning to release the video, or is that just the basis for a written version?
>>
>> Best
>> Jan
>> --
>>

>>> - article writeup and approval
>>> - video edit and apprtoval
>>> - adaptation for various formats/channels

Andreas