couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Mike Broberg <mbrob...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Cloudant video approval?
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2015 16:16:14 GMT
Thank you for all the feedback so far! --Mike
--
Mike Broberg | IBM Cloudant | 200 State Street, Boston, MA 02109 |
mbroberg@us.ibm.com | (617) 299-1409 Google Voice

From:	Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org>
To:	marketing@couchdb.apache.org
Date:	01/18/2015 02:25 PM
Subject:	Re: Cloudant video approval?

Mike,

excellent work, I can’t wait for this to go live :)

Best
Jan
--

*http://review.centerlinedigital.com/player/watch/53a32f36347c2/Client*
>>   <http://review.centerlinedigital.com/player/watch/53a32f36347c2/Client
> Please
>>   don't share it publicly, as we have no plans to use it externally
until we
>>   receive approval from the ASF and IBM.
>>
>>   I believe this addresses the bulk of the feedback I received the other
>>   week (and most importantly, the regulations around the ASF's marks).
Please
>>   let me know what you think of this most recent version.
>>
>>   Thank you! --Mike
>>   --
>>   Mike Broberg | IBM Cloudant | 200 State Street, Boston, MA 02109 |
>>   *mbroberg@us.ibm.com* <mbroberg@us.ibm.com> | *(617) 299-1409*
>>   <%28617%29%20299-1409> Google Voice
>>   --
>>
>>   David Nalley ---01/07/2015 11:25:32 PM---Mike: Thanks for respecting
>>   the Foundation's marks.
>>
>>   From: David Nalley <*ke4qqq@apache.org* <ke4qqq@apache.org>>
>>   To: Apache Brand Management <*trademarks@apache.org*
>>   <trademarks@apache.org>>, Sally Khudairi <*sk@apache.org*
>>   <sk@apache.org>>
>>   Cc: Mike Broberg/Cambridge/IBM@IBMUS, "*marketing@couchdb.apache.org*
>>   <marketing@couchdb.apache.org>" <*marketing@couchdb.apache.org*
>>   <marketing@couchdb.apache.org>>, Shane Curcuru <*asf@shanecurcuru.org*
>>   <asf@shanecurcuru.org>>
>>   Date: 01/07/2015 11:25 PM
>>   Subject: Re: Cloudant video approval?
>>   ------------------------------
>>

>>   Mike:
>>
>>   Thanks for respecting the Foundation's marks.
>>   It's a nice video.
>>   This looks completely nominative, and we have a couple of FAQs that
>>   deal with this kind of usage. [1], [2],
>>   Specifically, you are using 'Apache CouchDB' form of the name and
>>   adding the TM symbol.
>>   Around 2:21 in the video you have a Copyright and Trademark
>>   attribution section, as you noted in your email, please add a
>>   trademark notice for Apache CouchDB
>>   in the form:
>>   'Apache, CouchdDB, and Apache CouchDB are trademarks or registered
>>   trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.'
>>   If you end up using the logo, please use:
>>   'Apache, CouchDB, Apache CouchDB, and the CouchDB logo are trademarks
>>   or registered trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.'
>>
>>   Thanks,
>>
>>   --David
>>
>>   [1] *http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/faq/#insidebook*
>>   <http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/faq/#insidebook>
>>   [2] *http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/faq/#integrateswith*
>>   <http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/faq/#integrateswith>
>>
>>   On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 8:51 PM, Sally Khudairi <*sk@apache.org*
>>   <sk@apache.org>> wrote:
>>> Beautiful, Mike! Thanks for bringing me into the discussion.
>>>
>>> Clearance on any trademark-related items will need to come from ASF
>>   Brand
>>> Management <*trademarks@apache.org* <trademarks@apache.org>>. I'm
>>   copying the team here as well as
>>> Brand Management VP Shane Curcuru for their review & follow-up
>>   should there
>>> be any issues. Thanks in advance, folks, for your helping Mike here.
>>>
>>> Warmest regards,
>>> Sally
>>>

>>> = = = = =
>>> vox *+1 617 921 8656* <%2B1%20617%20921%208656>
>>> skype sallykhudairi

[attachment "signature.asc" deleted by Mike Broberg/Cambridge/IBM]