couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HN thread about CouchDB
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2015 10:30:41 GMT

> On 13 Jan 2015, at 10:38 , Johs Ensby <johs@b2w.com> wrote:
>
> Not surprising, looking at google trends ew decline.
> That is a pure buzz-index, of course, but what we need to do is to connect it to an up-trend
for a broad audience.
> CouchDB needs to be if not the sister, so the cousin of nodejs and reactjs or something
else that is moving in the right direction.

I’m not sure this the right approach. We should make sure we work with all these things,
but I don’t think we should be getting into any family relationships with other projects
(other than the ones that replicate). The surrounding technology comes and goes.

Best
Jan

>> On 13 Jan 2015, at 10:00, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Heya (excuse the HN link),
>>
>> this is not necessarily something for the weekly news, but I think this is a useful
summary of how people think about CouchDB in the wild. I’m not suggesting this is representative,
but it can help guide us in what we want to do for our marketing activities, if we are not
happy with how people think about CouchDB:

>> https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=8865079
>>
>> I found the comment about design docs most interesting: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=8865687
(although I should send this to dev@). We should think hard about hiding this detail away
from end-users.