couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Akshat Jiwan Sharma <akshatji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HN thread about CouchDB
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2015 16:44:20 GMT
Would it be a good idea to package couchdb together with couchdb lucene?
When couchdb installs it also fetches and installs couchdb-lucene . Then
whenever a new database is created in couchdb we add an automatic index-all
function in a design document. We could name this design document
_auto_index or something like that. I am talking about this function in
lucene

https://github.com/rnewson/couchdb-lucene#index-everything

We could also add a configuration parameter for the users to turn off the
indexing if they don't want it.

For users who don't care indexing the fields this would give them the
ability to query in a free form manner. For those who do and don't want to
create these indices they could turn the feature off in the configuration
file.

What I am trying to say here is that if we package couchdb with lucene  by
default then couchdb appears a more complete solution. Even though the
current integration is a single configuration setting away.