couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HN thread about CouchDB
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2015 09:21:29 GMT
I don't follow what you mean about hiding details. What details? Why to hide?
The problem with ddocs we have is not only documentation, but also
lack of tools to works with them. We admit couchapp thing as a feature
and ship a tool to develop and manage them with easy. Yes, there are a
lot of them in the wild: kanso, couchapp (python), couchapp (nodejs),
erica...but that's not a deal to provide a feature and tell our users
to seek or make a tools to work with it.

--

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 12:00 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
> Heya (excuse the HN link),
>
> this is not necessarily something for the weekly news, but I think this is a useful summary
of how people think about CouchDB in the wild. I’m not suggesting this is representative,
but it can help guide us in what we want to do for our marketing activities, if we are not
happy with how people think about CouchDB:

> I found the comment about design docs most interesting: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=8865687
(although I should send this to dev@). We should think hard about hiding this detail away
from end-users.