couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HN thread about CouchDB
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2015 16:57:35 GMT
On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 7:44 PM, Akshat Jiwan Sharma
<akshatjiwan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Would it be a good idea to package couchdb together with couchdb lucene?
> When couchdb installs it also fetches and installs couchdb-lucene . Then
> whenever a new database is created in couchdb we add an automatic index-all
> function in a design document. We could name this design document
> _auto_index or something like that. I am talking about this function in
> lucene

couchdb-lucene is a good to be a plugin with one-click-install process.
Adding Java bits in required dependencies will not simply whole
installation process. It's already tricky due to spidermonkey.
Also, some people may prefer other full text search solution like
ElasticSearch which nicely integrates with CouchDB out of the box.
That may be a reasonale if FTS engine was made in Erlang, but that's
not a simple task.

--