couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <andyw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB logo proposal
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2015 12:36:45 GMT
On 15 January 2015 at 12:57, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I’m not a fan of this, although it is
> certainly a good couch logo, no question.
>
> I just don’t think it fits CouchDB very well.

can you explain a bit more why?

> Aside from the subjective perspective, Couchbase have been going for “more
> rounded couch” in their logo, and abstractly speaking, this one only adds
> the two back pillows and is otherwise the same (it is not, strictly, but
> you get the idea). So in terms of differentiating from Couchbase, this is
> not a good step.

the first thing I did with this new logo proposal here was to check the
couchbase logo because I remember they had a very round one. One could take
this as "ah you see - it did remind you of couchbase". But to be honest,
the actual logo they use is really different.

I still like the proposal but with a lill' "ouch" deep in my head ...

Cheers

Andy

--
Andy Wenk