couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Johs Ensby <j...@b2w.com>
Subject Re: Cloudant video approval?
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2015 05:04:49 GMT
Great, Mike.
With Cloudant - CoucnDB 2.0 replication addressed, the fear of IBM lock-in can be eliminated.
The video is just great as it is!
Johs

> On 09 Jan 2015, at 01:55, Mike Broberg <mbroberg@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks, Johs. That's helpful. I'm not sure if we can fit it into the voice-over; however,
I'll definitely be working on some marketing pieces that focus on Cloudant-Apache CouchDB
replication in the coming months as CouchDB 2.0 is readied. And this is an important distinction
to make, since we'll likely have many customers with this same question.

> In the meantime, I'll see what we can do with the V.O. Cheers, --Mike
> --
> Mike Broberg | IBM Cloudant | 200 State Street, Boston, MA 02109 | mbroberg@us.ibm.com
| (617) 299-1409 Google Voice
> --
>
> Johs Ensby ---01/08/2015 01:46:55 AM---Great video and storytelling Mike! The only thing
I am missing is a no-lock-in-assurance to the indi

> From:	Johs Ensby <johs@b2w.com>
> To:	marketing@couchdb.apache.org
> Date:	01/08/2015 01:46 AM
> Subject:	Re: Cloudant video approval?
>

> Great video and storytelling Mike!
>
> The only thing I am missing is a no-lock-in-assurance to the individual developer: the
compatibility with CouchDB on the developer’s own device.
> I think replication compatibility is so important that it should not be treated as a
covered by “API compliant".

> The reference to CouchDB in
> 01:35  "While Cloudant is compliant with the API compliant with CouchDB, our software…”
> Says nothing about ability to sync data to a local installation of CouchDB 2.x at the
push of a button

> The reference to “yourself” in
> 01:59 “Run Cloudant yourself in your own data center…”
> is good for no-lock-in-assurance to the corporations and scaled-up startup, but you leave
out the in-between, always being able to sync Cloudant to a local installation of CouchDB.

> Just to point out how this can be a source of confusion (Cloudant support Case 41635),
when I asked about verification that data syncing would be unchanged after upgrade to CouchDB
2.0, your support responded with an answer on the API (as covered in the video), we had to
clear it up and this was the response i was looking for and got:

> Apologies for misunderstanding your question - replication between Cloudant and CouchDB
2.0 is definitely compatible and can be triggered through the dashboard or through the use
of the API code. If I am still not addressing your question, please let me know and if possible,
provide any details as to what you are trying to do with Cloudant and CouchDB 2.0 replication.