couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Johs Ensby <j...@b2w.com>
Subject Re: Cloudant video approval?
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 06:45:37 GMT
Great video and storytelling Mike!

The only thing I am missing is a no-lock-in-assurance to the individual developer: the compatibility
with CouchDB on the developer’s own device.
I think replication compatibility is so important that it should not be treated as a covered
by “API compliant".

The reference to CouchDB in
01:35  "While Cloudant is compliant with the API compliant with CouchDB, our software…”
Says nothing about ability to sync data to a local installation of CouchDB 2.x at the push
of a button

The reference to “yourself” in
01:59 “Run Cloudant yourself in your own data center…”
is good for no-lock-in-assurance to the corporations and scaled-up startup, but you leave
out the in-between, always being able to sync Cloudant to a local installation of CouchDB.

Just to point out how this can be a source of confusion (Cloudant support Case 41635), when
I asked about verification that data syncing would be unchanged after upgrade to CouchDB 2.0,
your support responded with an answer on the API (as covered in the video), we had to clear
it up and this was the response i was looking for and got:

Apologies for misunderstanding your question - replication between Cloudant and CouchDB 2.0
is definitely compatible and can be triggered through the dashboard or through the use of
the API code. If I am still not addressing your question, please let me know and if possible,
provide any details as to what you are trying to do with Cloudant and CouchDB 2.0 replication.

Could probably fit in as a rephrase of the sentence at 01:59.

johs:)