couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Lena Reinhard <l...@thehoodiefirm.com>
Subject CouchDB Highlights in 2014
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2014 18:42:33 GMT
Hi folks,

as it will be the last post for this year, for this week’s Weekly News I thought I’d maybe
add a tiny “CouchDB Highlights in 2014” section.

Notes I have so far (just a very rough brain dump):
- CouchDB 2.0 Developer Preview released http://couchdb.apache.org/developer-preview/2.0/
- more news from ApacheCon http://blog.couchdb.org/2014/11/20/couchdb-weekly-news-november-20-2014/
- new PMC members + committers (maybe add them by name, or just their number in total?)
- Diversity Statement + Code of Conduct
- ASF adopting Diversity Statement + CoC
- maybe: IBM acquiring Cloudant (?)
- release of CouchDB 1.6.1
- … … …

Do you have other major steps or highlights which you think should be included here?

I would also add a very short section about what’s coming up next year, but would keep that
really short and mostly include work on 2.0 and CouchDB Day, or so.

Do you have any ideas / suggestions / comments on that?

Best,
Lena