couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Nick Pavlica <lini...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB Rebrand Logo Concepts
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2014 17:04:35 GMT
Hi Sean!

> My team put together a few ideas for the CouchDB rebrand. They can be
> considered preliminary ideas that can be taken further and refined if
> need be.
>
> Take a look here and let us know what you think.
>
> https://app.box.com/s/cko5yt2hqbcbejgu2qtl

Thanks for sharing these concept logos,  I really like the use of negative
space with the logo on page 4.   We have also had some discussion and
review on a few concept logos that I have presented so far.  Additionally,
the new motto discussion is stating to come together around a solid concept
as well.  The "Data where you need it" motto, or a slight variation seems
to be the direction we are headed in.  That being said, it would be nice to
have a tie in with that idea.  Many of the other logos build in the idea of
being distributed as well, and helps build a better mental image of what it
is.  I have created a pdf that contains the concepts that your team
created, some of the work that I have already done with a couple of new
additions, and the comparison brand logos.  I slightly modified the logos
that your team did to include the full branding information, and new
motto.  After many discussions, I think that renaming the project to FlowDB
is probably off the table for now, even though it's not a bad name, and the
logo really looks good.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p4i9wmvs9rism8z/couchdb_logo_comparison_0_1.pdf?dl=0

Regards!
-- Nick Pavlica