couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Johs Ensby <j...@b2w.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB Rebrand Logo Concepts
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2014 05:25:13 GMT
Sean,
the idea of a couch icon instead of the word is a brilliant idea for a supplementary version
of the logo (symbol, bug in the corner of slides etc)
I also like it because it builds on the name as it has been established (the couch and the
red couch). Often the work of establishing a brand in the early phase is undervalued and new
names/symbols are introduced and the brand building needs to start all over again (llike switching
to “flowDB” would set us quite a few years back).
You just proposed a way forward with the couch that is more on the CocaCola/Shell type of
gradual refinement and simplification down to the essence of the brand.

Johs

> On 01 Dec 2014, at 19:38, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Heya Sean,
>
> I really like where this is going!
>
> The one thing I’d flag is dropping the “couch” as redundant, I think it is important
to get the full name out in the logo, think stickers and banners and all that. [__]DB could
be SofaDB e.g. (aside,  [__] is a pretty good ascii couch, we should start using that :)

> I’m not sure about the FlowDB, this has not resonated with the community as far as
I can tell.

> Best
> Jan
> --
>

>> On 30 Nov 2014, at 07:45 , Sean Barclay <sbarclay@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Everybody,
>>
>> My team put together a few ideas for the CouchDB rebrand. They can be considered
preliminary ideas that can be taken further and refined if need be.