couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB Highlights in 2014
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2014 21:21:30 GMT

> On 16 Dec 2014, at 19:42 , Lena Reinhard <lena@thehoodiefirm.com> wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
>
> as it will be the last post for this year, for this week’s Weekly News I thought I’d
maybe add a tiny “CouchDB Highlights in 2014” section.

> Notes I have so far (just a very rough brain dump):
> - CouchDB 2.0 Developer Preview released http://couchdb.apache.org/developer-preview/2.0/
> - more news from ApacheCon http://blog.couchdb.org/2014/11/20/couchdb-weekly-news-november-20-2014/
> - new PMC members + committers (maybe add them by name, or just their number in total?)
> - Diversity Statement + Code of Conduct
> - ASF adopting Diversity Statement + CoC
> - maybe: IBM acquiring Cloudant (?)
> - release of CouchDB 1.6.1
> - … … …

- the weekly news themselves
- Cloudant Local (the first CouchDB-on-your-premises-with-enterprise-support product).
- Donation of Cloudant Query
- npm’s continued success, building on CouchDB and the founding of npm.inc.
- Postgres & MySQL continue to work on native JSON support + HTTP interfaces
- Several PouchDB majort releases
- Fauxton, yay!

Great idea Lena!

> Do you have other major steps or highlights which you think should be included here?

> I would also add a very short section about what’s coming up next year, but would keep
that really short and mostly include work on 2.0 and CouchDB Day, or so.