couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Johs Ensby <j...@b2w.com>
Subject Re: New motto?
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2014 09:10:46 GMT
Talking about precision, Noah…

Data where you need it.

with the logo that says “relax” is to me a complete solution.

If it is de-cluttered and separated, it is solid.

Please have a look at these brands
http://www.bestglobalbrands.com/2014/ranking/ <http://www.bestglobalbrands.com/2014/ranking/>
Are there any slogans or mother company names here?
Did they become simpler or more complicated over the years?

I have tried to sum up my position here:
https://app.box.com/s/xpkbqafyq3fewr9ksqzi <https://app.box.com/s/xpkbqafyq3fewr9ksqzi>
We need to keep these entities apart:
logo
slogan
information
when it comes to design.
It’s not about the sofa, it is the person that is relaxing.

Johs

> On 02 Dec 2014, at 17:58, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Yup. The emotional appeal is important. That's the driving force
> behind trying to find our "Why?" We're trying to find that vision that
> we all share that will resonate with people. I think that "Data
> wherever you need it" hits it. I wouldn't like to muddy the precision
> of that with "Relax" at the end of it.
>
> On 2 December 2014 at 06:36, Johs Ensby <johs@b2w.com> wrote:
>> Keeping “relax” with the new slogan would both make it unique and build on the
established brand value.

>> Data where you need it. Relax.
>>
>> It’s another way of saying
>> Data where you need it. Cool.
>>
>> “Relax” is the emotional appeal, while the first part is the “rational appeal”.
>> In marketing and brand building the emotional appeal is often more important and
the rational appeal is used to, exactly, rationalise your “gut feel” choice.
>> Why is this so important in B2B/professional/hi-tech marketing?
>> Choosing a platform involved a massive amount of reasoning and evaluations, there
is never a perfect answer, but as pros & cons pile up most people develop a gut feel for
their choice.
>> To capture this gut feel in an “emotional appeal” is important to a brand, it
gives you a hook into the right side of the brain.

>> Johs
>>

>>> On 01 Dec 2014, at 19:36, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I agree that this is a really strong position now. :)
>>>
>>> Good job everyone!
>>>
>>> Best
>>> Jan
>>> --

the thread and various suggestions:

Many of the alternatives put forward (over the years) make it feel corporate, distant, or
generic. My CouchDB shirt (which is aging badly) still gets compliments--from all kinds of
people!

one feel that relaxed, confident, happy, "chilling"--especially in a space (data management)
where it's usually all stress, corrupted backups, latency, lag, and rejected writes and data
loss.

Not only
Jan (and

moves us from