couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Sean Barclay <sbarc...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: New motto?
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2014 19:14:28 GMT
One more thought to add to Andy's idea of Flow DB is that flow IMHO, has
an easy going or positive connotation to it. Kind of like a couch, albeit
more abstract.

Although I don't necessarily agree with Liberty being a lock in,  I do
however, have a slightly negative connotation because liberty from a
historical perspective here in the states, tends to involve strife and
conflict to get to actual liberty. I like Liberty, but as Andy pointed
out, it can definitely be easily misinterpreted initially. I don't have
the same concern for Flow.

Cheers

Sean Barclay / Director, UX / IBM Cloudant / SF / 415.483.2373

I don't quite agree about the liberty and fear of lock up - but that's all
good cause I'm a fan of your Flow DB idea. I agree that it would better
articulate how data should be in a constant state of motion for real-world
apps, regardless of device type.

Nice work.