couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Nick Pavlica <lini...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB Concept Art 8 and 9
Date Sat, 08 Nov 2014 19:26:15 GMT
All,

> @Nick, There is a huge difference in logos in current couchdb and couchbase
> and guy on the couch was just right, in any case I wouldn't drop the
> couch...
>
> We are using couch as well for Kanapes IDE logo to mark it as couchdb
> dedicated  app, without that couch there is no couchdb...
>
> Evi.

The reasons for moving away from the guy on the couch were described on in
the original thread on the developers list.  I'm certainly not opposed to
having a couch in the logo at all.  However, I also don't believe that it's
a hard requirement either.  Many thousands of products, organizations, and
businesses don't have the exact image of the product they are selling in
there branding.  I couldn't imaging every car or bike company requiring an
automobile or bicycle in there logo.

> > just quick - the 0.9 is not working because it's the logo of Deutsche
> Bahn
> > in Germany
> >
> > http://www.bahn.de/p/view/index.shtml

  There is a strong resemblance for sure.  Being from the U.S. I'm not
familiar with that logo.  I think that there is still hope for the .9
series of images, but some tweaking will definitely need to be done to help
differentiate it from that logo.  Thanks for binging it to my attention!

> > Thanks a lot for all your work :) Awesome!!!!

  Thank you, I appreciate it :)

Regards!
-- Nick Pavlica