couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Javier Candeira <jav...@candeira.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Naming releases
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2014 01:44:00 GMT
IMHO, this is what the blog is for, and what blogs are best at.

The Changelog for the CouchDB release can have a one-line "dedicated
to", and that would be the dedication.

But there could be a longer post on the CouchDB blog with the reasons
this particular release is dedicated to this particular Couchian,
maybe with a brief interview about their involvement with the project,
why and how they use CouchDB, etc. A profile of "people of CouchDB",
if you want. This provides opportunities for extending the promotional
reach as the dedicatee and their friends share the blog post on
twitter and facebook etc.

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 4:59 AM, Joan Touzet <wohali@apache.org> wrote:
> Yup, that's fine. +1.

Noah is

> [...]
> [...]