couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <andyw...@apache.org>
Subject CouchDB 2.0 features
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2014 09:01:02 GMT
+ Joan
cc Lynnette

Hi all,

if you have followed the conversations with Sally and Lynnette, I stated
that I am personally a bit blind with CouchDB 2.0 features marketing wise.
I want to change that. So I plan to create a new collaboration page at

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/About+CouchDB

called CouchDB 2.0 Beta. The idea is then to ask the community on dev@ to
add info about new features and improvements there. Or people answer in the
thread and I put it into the page. I will structure it e.g.:

+ core features
+ web ui
+ documentation

*Background

Lynnette started to get in touch with reporters what is extremely cool! I
stated, that I am not able to give an interview with reporters at the
moment. So I hope after putting the features into the wiki page, we have a
consolidated feature package we can use for interviews and other marketing
stuff.

*Questions

I would start to create the page tonight or over the weekend. I would also
like to write the email to dev@ today. Does this collide with the talks at
ApacheCon on Monday 17th? If yes, I for sure wait?

Are there already any resources I can get info about the new features
(maybe at Cloudant)?

Something else I shall take into consideration?

*Disclaimer

Basically I know that CouchDB 2.0 will bring the cluster stuff. But it is
completely diffrent to knowing it or writing it down :)

I know that everybody is kinda busy these days and I highly appreciate all
your work. Thank you! I still hope you find some moments to answer ...

Thanks for your help and all the best

Andy

--
Andy Wenk