couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Johs Ensby <j...@b2w.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB Concept Art 8 and 9
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2014 08:28:34 GMT
Hi,
Since this discussion have been moved from the dev to the marketing list, could someone please
summarise the reason for changing the logo?
Why has changing a logo has become an issue?

Changing the logo is a major thing in brand building (leaving behind all the previous efforts
in establishing a brand)
Personally I get worried if proposals like this should lead to a redesign https://www.dropbox.com/s/oatekae7nh4ohmr/couchdb_conceptart_08.pdf?dl=0
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/oatekae7nh4ohmr/couchdb_conceptart_08.pdf?dl=0>
This is very unprofessional.

CouchDB has a very well designed logo, and I would like to make an argument for not changing
it once I know the reasoning that started this thread.

Johs