couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From "Sally Khudairi" <sallykhuda...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Draft for review: Apache 2.0 beta press release
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2014 12:42:32 GMT
Thanks so much, Andy, and everyone else.

I apologize for breaking the collaborative editing process by forwarding my plaintext version.
Some PMCs don't like the Google Doc method --lots of annotations/questions, who pulls the
trigger, offline access, etc., so I tend to forward a "here's the latest version" to the list(s)
along the way.

So that's one thing off my "to do" list :-)

I'll hop onto the doc in a few hours to see how things are progressing.

Cheers and chat soon,
Sally

[From the mobile; please excuse top-posting, spelling/spacing errors, and brevity]

----- Reply message -----
From: "Andy Wenk" <andywenk@apache.org>
To: "marketing@couchdb.apache.org" <marketing@couchdb.apache.org>
Cc: "Andreas Wenk" <andywenk@apache.org>, "Sally Khudairi" <sk@apache.org>, "jan@apache.org"
<jan@apache.org>, "private@couchdb.apache.org" <private@couchdb.apache.org>, "Mike
Broberg" <mbroberg@us.ibm.com>, "Andy Ellicott" <andy@cloudant.com>, "Lynnette
Nolan" <lnolan@us.ibm.com>, "press@apache.org" <press@apache.org>
Subject: Draft for review: Apache 2.0 beta press release
Date: Fri, Nov 14, 2014 06:15

Hi everyone,
we just found out that there was a bit of confusion where to edit the draft. Jan and I had
a quick IRC talk and I would like to let you know how we want to fix this.

* the base for all (!) further edits and reviews is the original Google doc at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1haCoxdPnkrY2MNxhlkg7V0xrK3jsL78eemvSFCBcLC4/edit?usp=sharing

* Jan copied Sally's revised draft on top of the document. The draft from Lynnette and Mike
is still there at the end of the document

* Jan is copy editing Sally's version recently

* I am reviewing the draft also

* when done we will reply here and let you know

You are very welcome to also work on that document. You may wanna use the comment function
(or edit directly for typos and such ...). I believe this proposed way will lead to a quick
finish and cool press release :)

Thanks a lot for all you patience and awesome help!

Cheers

Andy

[From the mobile; please excuse top-posting, spelling/spacing errors, and brevity]