couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Johs Ensby <j...@b2w.com>
Subject Re: New motto?
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2014 05:38:12 GMT
All,

- "Data where you need it”
or
- “Live data where you need it"

to try an squeeze in the VALUE of the replication feature.
We would then cover
- the product category “data”
- the main feature “where” (mobility across platforms, devices and scale)
- the differentiator “live"

Looking at the candidates:
- "Data where you need it"
- "Data wherever you need it"
- "Data everywhere”

I would argue that
“wherever" is a stronger, but longer version of “where”,
“where” sounds to me more precise, and you certainly don’t need data “everywhere”,

the “need” is important, it is what moves us from “everywhere” to “where”, the
specific places

The question remains who “you” are
I guess we are marketing the technology to developers, so the developer (be it a system or
biz developer) is the “you”.
The “you” has a challenge: providing data where she/he needs it — and that is what CouchDB
is the solution to.

Nick,
following my many negative responses to your logo proposals:
I find R6 a fresh direction that could be an evolution of the current logo without just diminishing
or cluttering it
- it keeps a symbol that could be a couch, but in a new form
- it retains the simplicity, and the red C could become the icon alone

- Johs