couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Naming releases
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2014 16:18:27 GMT
(Resending with dev@ copied.)

Seems like consensus is that this is a bad idea--as formulated.

How about softening the proposal?

Counter-proposal A:

- Tweets, social media posts, changelog, etc. all use the number *only*
- There is a single sentence in the release announcement email and
blog post to the effect of "aka the X release"

Counter-proposal B:

- Rephrase it slightly so that we're "dedicating" the release to
someone as a thank you

Only problem with counter-proposal B is that (while it might be a good
idea) it puts it into the "access" category. We're giving someone
exclusive access to our platform as a thank you.

Does anyone have any ideas for rewards that fall into the "power"
category, that we can reasonably offer, without compromising the
integrity of the project?

We could let people "name" weekly news posts, I suppose. "aka the X
update". Heh. Perhaps that's less risky.

On 27 October 2014 23:01, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
> Seems like consensus is that this is a bad idea--as formulated.
>
> How about softening the proposal?
>
> Counter-proposal A:
>
> - Tweets, social media posts, changelog, etc. all use the number *only*
> - There is a single sentence in the release announcement email and
> blog post to the effect of "aka the X release"
>
> Counter-proposal B:
>
> - Rephrase it slightly so that we're "dedicating" the release to
> someone as a thank you
>
> Only problem with counter-proposal B is that (while it might be a good
> idea) it puts it into the "access" category. We're giving someone
> exclusive access to our platform as a thank you.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas for rewards that fall into the "power"
> category, that we can reasonably offer, without compromising the
> integrity of the project?
>
> We could let people "name" weekly news posts, I suppose. "aka the X
> update". Heh. Perhaps that's less risky.
>

> On 27 October 2014 21:55, Sebastian Rothbucher
> <sebastianrothbucher@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> I'd KISS also - and stick with numbers only, so -0.5 as well
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 9:41 PM, Joan Touzet <wohali@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> -0.5 for all the reasons previously outlined.

and put on a

>>> promote,
For a
>>> traditional